Safety and Health Expectations and Compliance
MetCom shall comply with all Federal, State, County, and Local statutes and regulations. MetCom shall assure all facilities where company personnel work meet applicable regulatory requirements and that all operations are conducted within the Safety and Health Standards and governing documents, such as manufacturer’s instructions.
Safety and Health Mission and Goals
Safety and health excellence is more than a priority in MetCom – it is a fundamental value that is thoroughly entrenched in the company culture and is inherent in every aspect of MetCom’s operations. MetCom believes its most important assets are its people and nothing is more important than providing them a safe environment in which to work.
The only acceptable level of performance in MetCom is to be Incident Free, each and every day. MetCom believes that such performance is achievable with full commitment by each and every employee of MetCom.
MetCom’s safety and health goals are:
- To continually reduce incidents, injuries, illnesses with a goal of being incident and injury free.
- To empower our personnel to develop, maintain, and promulgate an incident free mentality in their workplace.
- To minimize risk to MetCom’s stakeholders by considering safety and health factors in all business decision-making.
- To ensure that MetCom’s commitment to safety and health excellence is reflected in day-to-day operations.
- To be a recognized leader in safety performance by MetCom’s stakeholders, the general public, and applicable government agencies
- At MetCom we believe that effective safety management is good business and we are committed to safety excellence. Continuous improvement drives our safety programs.
- We comply with all applicable safety laws, regulations and standards in all of our business activities.
- We consider safety factors in all business decision making in order to maintain balance and minimize risk. We are proactive and forward thinking in our activities and incorporate safety principles into all aspects of our business by setting and regularly reviewing safety objectives.
- The safety aspects services are continuously evaluated. Our goal is to develop and provide services that have no undue environmental impact, are safe in their intended use, efficient in their consumption of energy and natural resources, and can be recycled, reused or disposed of safely.
- Developing, using and sharing good safety practices throughout MetCom will promote the health and well-being of our employees, subcontractors, stakeholders and the communities in which we live and work.
- Protecting the health and safety of our employees and the environment is a core and uncompromising value of MetCom. All MetCom personnel are held responsible for unconditional support of this value and our Safety Policy.